Bradley’s Weekly Report for 4/20

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficienteffort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours). Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will betaken to catch up to the project schedule? What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

This week, I worked on getting voice detection working within the app. However, the problem with this is that the library I used does not support continuous listening. Other solutions are platform specific, (such as android only), but I may have found a solution that may be able to support both. The issue is that it uses another interface to calibrate it aside from flutter itself. However, I should be able to get it done this week. The main challenge after that is having the microphone with the esp32 be used as the audio input, as for now only the detection works through the phones microphone. If it the microphone cannot be connected or is not an effective tool, we will have to use the phones microphone as a backup.

I hope to complete a continuous voice detector, as well as have the microphone connect as the audio input for the app. If possible, I will also try to have the RFID tag be able to detect unique RFIDs (main thing getting in the way of that is that we only have 1 RFID tag of each protocol at the moment, and I dont think the reader can be calibrated to support both protocols at the same time).