Thomas’ Status Report for 2/24/24

Thomas Lee

• This week I took charge of the Design Presentation. I created the content for the solution approach, main RPi, physical interface, and testing slides, as well as edited and reorganized the design requirement slides. I compiled the presentation and developed the script for the presentation, and presented our Project Design to the class on Wednesday the 21st. I also began the persistent Java process for continuously listening on the web socket for requests issued by Web App clients, and researched more into the lighting system control protocols to double check that it would be feasible to program before we spent a considerable amount of the budget on a lighting fixture system.
  • Our progress is mostly on schedule, however for our code base we may be slightly behind in terms of having extensive modules ready for basic testing. To catch up to the project schedule we have starting migrating code onto our main RPi, as well as organized and got our different code components initialized, and so this upcoming week we will be diligently programming as well as working on the design report writeup.
  • In the next week, we hope to be able to have simple end-to-end functionality of a single client issuing a perfect song play request through our Web App and having it actually play on our bluetooth speaker. We also hope to start working on the lighting system.