Lucy’s Status Report for 4/6

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours)

This week, I continued to work on the web app. I made some edits to the frontend of the app to make it look more aesthetically pleasing. Additionally, I did more research on the bluetooth connection between the app and the bracelet. I found two tutorials, one that uses the ble-manager library and one that uses ble-plx. The ble-plx one gave me some issues so I am going to try the ble-manager and hopefully that works. Also, I presented what we currently have for the interim demo, which was authentication, navigation between screens, the customization settings, and the frontend for the decibel readings page.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

On schedule.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

The bluetooth connection should be working by next week. Then, I will start to integrate the data I receive from the bracelet into the app.

Now that you have some portions of your project built, and entering into the verification and validation phase of your project, provide a comprehensive update on what tests you have run or are planning to run. In particular, how will you analyze the anticipated measured results to verify your contribution to the project meets the engineering design requirements or the use case requirements?

For verification, I will run a variety of tests on the web app to make sure each component is working properly.

For the authentication system, I will test different emails and passwords and make sure only the correct email/password combination allows a user into their account. For each screen of the app, I will ensure that it works as intended. Once the app is connected to bluetooth, I will check to make sure the app is receiving and interpreting the correct data from the bracelet. I will test the app in different noise conditions to ensure that the app works in all sorts of environments. I will verify that the decibels displayed on the readings page correspond correctly to the values that are being stored in the database. Additionally, I will check that the graphs, statistics, and history on the app are displayed correctly according to the data stored in the database. Also, I will have good error handling to make sure that bad inputs into the database or the app do not break the system. This will be tested by manipulating the database or deleting a row of data and seeing how the app reacts to it. The app should gracefully handle these errors and should not crash when anything is changed.