Lucy’s Status Report for 3/16

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours)

This week, I mainly worked on getting the bluetooth connection for our web app. I researched different a few different libraries and these were the main ones that would work for our project: react-native-ble-plx and react-native-ble-manager.

After reading some articles that compared the two libraries and looking for tutorials on how to get started on both, I decided to go with the react-native-ble-plx library. This library was more popular with developers and I was able to find more resources on how to get started with ble-plx compared to ble-manager. I spent some time getting up to date with the ble-plx documentation and experiment with some of its features into our web app. I also found a tutorial that I am in the middle of watching that has been helpful in guiding me through the process.

react-native-ble-plx documentation

React Native Bluetooth tutorial

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I am currently slightly behind schedule since I haven’t finished the bluetooth connection in the web app yet. I have allocated an extra few days to finish this and then I will get started on implementing the algorithms for receiving the decibel data and displaying it on the app.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, I will continue to work on the web application. I will finish up the bluetooth connection and then get started on the core of the app: receiving, displaying, and transferring data to and from the bracelet. I will also help with soldering the PCB components once it arrives on Tuesday.