Lucy’s Status Report for 2/17

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours)

This week, I officially started working on the web application. I spent my time designing the frontend of the web application using React Native and Expo. I used the following tutorials to help me build our app: Deploy a Native App and Creating React Native Pages. These tutorials have taught me a lot on how to use react native effectively to create user friendly interfaces. I have started working on the screens for login, homepage, and sign up, and am currently experimenting with design choices for our app.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I am slightly behind schedule since I was busy this week. Also, there were a few issues with connections so the frontend is taking a little longer than expected. However, I will catch up this week by dedicating more time to finalizing the frontend design of our web app.

Our priority is to finalize the design review slides so it can be presented next week. Afterwards, I hope to continue working on screens for the frontend and finalizing those designs. Next, if I have the time, I hope to start looking into incorporating a database to store the sound data that is received.