Aditya’s Status Report for 4/1

This week I worked on using the Vexflow API to transcribe the output of the pitch and rhythm sub-processors. A lot of this involved translating the data from our own Note design structure to fit into the StaveNote class provided by Vexflow. I also had to determine a robust method of dividing the processor outputs into smaller sets of data, because Vexflow is implemented in a stave-by-stave method, meaning you only draw 4 beats at a time before rendering that section of the sheet music. There’s a lot of in-between calculation here as I need to determine whether or not the 4 beats have been completed within a number of notes ranging from 1 to 8. Getting just one calculation error means the whole chart will be off.

By next week I hope to have the rhythm processor fully integrated, as I’m falling behind on that front due to the learning curve of the Vexflow API. I’ve figured out the library now, so things should be smoother from here. I also hope to be able to have a proper song, such as “twinkle twinkle little star” as input instead of brief sequences of notes.