Sachit’s Status Report 2/18

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

Having finalized our use case to be a jam tool alongside a piano accompaniment for guitar players, I moved on to designing the software components and tech stack.

1. I worked with my team members to understand how the users should interface with the dashboard and designed the website in Figma alongside with the user workflow.
  2. The tech stack will comprise of a frontend in bootstrap with a backend in Django running a cloud container for the signal processing as well as ML inference.
  3. I developed the block diagram for interaction between software components namely the Raspberry pi, frontend and the backend.

I also extensively worked on the design review presentation mainly the implementation and requirements.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I believe my progress is on track with the design for the frontend done and the software components ideated.  As a team we have also caught up after pivoting from our proposal presentation.

Next thing I need to start working on is learning to work with the raspberry pi and interfacing it with the cloud, speakers and microphone. I also need to finalize the user interface experience based on feedback. Moreover, also work on the design report and detail the software components more in depth.