Parth’s Status Report for Apr 22

Personal Accomplishments

I worked on a couple of different components over the last two weeks. While I did not make much additional progress during the carnival week, I finished lighting logic. This involved writing the remaining functionality to select the different parameters for the light commands. I had to work with my teammates to redesign how the information will be packaged and relayed on to the lighting engine. While earlier we were thinking of making individual calls to the engine for every command, now I decided to split it up into multiple different arrays, each responsible for a different part of the command space: functions, lights, and parameters. Further, I spent a lot of time working on aligning the commands with the beat time stamps that posed new challenges as we had to work around the mismatch in array lengths and make sure that I had enough data to make a decision about the lighting call at any given beat time. Further, I also worked on the UI, deliberating on the new functionality as the lighting logic has exceeded the initial specification and is able to do more than we originally anticipated. To accommodate for these changes, I had to redo some of the functionality of the UI. Finally, I worked with my teammates on producing the slide deck for the final presentation. 

On Track?

I am on track with all of my individual components. We are about done with the major parts of integration, and all that is left to do is test the components and create field scenarios that we are going to demo. I still have a little bit of work to do in polishing the integration and optimizing some of the commands as we get our testing data, but the bulk of my subsystems are now complete. 

Goals for Next Week

Next week, I am going to work on optimizing and finetuning the logic so that the demo is clear and understandable to a wide audience. Further, I am going to integrate the UI to the project so that the user can get feedback and can control certain aspects of the lighting. Finally, I am going to demo our project on a smaller scale to different kinds of users to understand the kind of questions they might have. I am also going to help my teammates with whatever miscellaneous tasks remain, in order to finish all development work by the end of next week, so that we can focus our attention solely on the deliverables in the week after.