Anita’s Status Report for 04/01

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours). 

So I started off the week integrating the PDA with the feedback generation mechanism. I assumed the format in which the input from the PDA would be fed into my feedback generation mechanism– a singular note. However, you know what they say about assuming… 

I assumed wrong. Instead of a single note, I would be obtaining a list of values representing frequencies both the user and the song. So, I had to backtrack, and started ideating how I can deal with a list of inputs instead of a singular frequency. But this backtracking was a sign to me to clarify the input output connections with my teammates. I reconvened with my teammates, who were doing the much more laborious task of connecting the front and back end. Kelly and Anna were running into some bugs with headers and the wav files sent over the network. I didn’t completely understand the problem because I am not too familiar with front end systems and thus am not working closely in this progress. 

We had some discussions on the module connections– while our design report laid this info out, this level of detail was not covered because we didn’t know about these issues that we would run into. For example, how are we going to sync the backend and frontend together to know where to index into our list of expected note values? We ideated and drew up the hypothetical flow diagram of information. 

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule? 

I am currently blocked– I will have to wait for my teammates to link the front and back end together for me to make substantial progress in linking the PDA and feedback system together. We are slowly getting more behind, but if we grind next week I think we can make it back on track. I will get frequent updates from my teammates so I can start as soon as I get a concrete answer on the type of input that I will be given. 

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week? 

I am to finish the interface in the next week.