Kelly’s Status Report for 4/29

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours). 

I spent this week preparing for the final presentation, updating some of the style on our web application, and modifying a midi file a song to suit our needs.

I gave the final presentation this week and spent a few hours polishing up the slides as well as practicing the points I wanted to hit while still staying within the 12 minute cutoff. I wanted to ensure that our struggles as well as successes could be understood by all. 

Additionally, I spent some time this week updating the style of our website as we have been working with a bare bones style for quite some time. Currently, I have updated both the registration and login pages (as seen below).

Finally, I found a midi file backing track for the song “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey. This backing track was very high quality and suited our needs, but finding the melody proved to be a very difficult task. I ended up finding one that was mostly correct, but in a different key and off time. In order to join these 2 separate midi tracks together, I had to buffer the vocals to line up with the backing track as well as transpose the vocals down and edit them for correctness. This took most of my time this week, but we now have .wav files. 

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule? 

According to the Gantt chart, I have finished my personal tasks and am on slack duty. Therefore, I’m perfectly on schedule.

Next week I hope to continue updating the style of our website as well as get some UI feedback.