Yuxuan’s Status Report for 02/18/2023

This week I’ve been designing software systems that allow Raspberry Pi and Windows PC to communicate game data. I’ve created a diagram as shown below showing how and what kind of data is flowed between different hardware and software as well as devices. 

The diagram uses blocks to identify major software components I need to implement in order to achieve communication between two devices. For each component, I identified certain libraries that can be used to accomplish the task in a document called Module Details in our shared folder on Google drive. It contains links to the library repo, discussions, and video demos.

I’m currently mostly on schedule as we are finalizing our designs this week.

Next week I’m planning to try implementing the process of retrieving data from the game using the Outgauge protocol as well as emulating the Xbox controller using the PYXInput library to establish a basic interaction with the game using codes.

The courses covered in this process are 18-213 and 18-349. Both involve creating software systems transmitting data from one device to the other via different protocols.