Ian Brito’s Weekly Status Report for 2/18

During this week, I went back and answered some questions from the proposal document for our new project. For example, I wrote a use-case, requirements, technical challenges, etc. in a document as I believed that this information would still be useful for our group going forward with this project. Additionally, I created a mock-up for the Django web application, as seen on the Design Presentation slides. The reasons I chose Django for creating the web app as opposed to another framework are that it is secure (provides protection against certain attacks) and versatile, which makes it the perfect framework for this project.

I would still say our progress is slightly behind schedule. Because we had to restart our project, I feel as if we could have been farther ahead — however, our new schedule as shown on our slides accounts for this.

The deliverables that I hope to complete in the next week are the Design Report and beginning work on the web app itself.

The particular course that helped in my portion of the design was 17-437, or Web Application Development. This course covered Django web apps and web app development, which is the framework I am using to create the web app for this project.