Raymond Xiao’s status report for 03/27/22

This week, I helped set up more packages on the NVIDIA Jetson. We are currently using ROS Melodic and are working on installing OpenCV and Python so that we can use the pycreate2 module (https://github.com/MomsFriendlyRobotCompany/pycreate2) on the Jetson. We have been testing Python code on our local machines and it has been working well, but for the final system, the code will need to be run on a Jetson which has a different OS and dependencies. We ran into some issues with installing everything (we specifically need OpenCV 4.2.0) and are currently working on fixing this. OpenCV 4.2.0 is required since it contains the AruCO package which will be used in place of humans. We are using this form of identification since it is fast, rotation invariant, and has camera pose estimation information as well. I think I am track with my work. For next week, I plan to help finish installing everything we need for the Jetson so that we have a stable environment and can start software development in earnest.