Jeremy Dropkin Status 02/19/2022

This week unfortunately we had to spend a while to determine that for a while there was a bug with the version of Vitis installed on the cmu ece number machines. This means that for a long time we were determining why we were facing build errors on the ece machines and were unable to compile any project in Vitis, even basic example ones. After a while we determined that we were facing a bug due to the way Vitis stored integers in a format that broke on Jan 1 2022.

In addition to dealing with compiler errors, we also figured out what portions of the fluid rendering algorithm we are able to pipeline and apply loop unrolling to. I personally was able to gain a much deeper understanding of how the fluid rendering algorithm internally works and structures data. This helped me understand how we will structure the hardware, and be able to massively accelerate the algorithm. I also began thinking about how to schedule requests, and worked on the slides for the design presentation.

I think that we are slightly behind on schedule due to the issue with Vitis, but due to the way we created our schedule, I think that we are in a very recoverable position.