Jeremy’s Status Report for 02/26/2022

This week started by finishing up our design presentation, and working on the slides for that over the weekend. Since both classes this week involved the design presentations, my productivity was lower than usual, as those are good time for getting work done. But the work that I did do this week was some troubleshooting and some design work. As a group, we finalized how we are going to store points and find neighbors. We figured that by partitioning our simulation space, we could use the cube the point is in’s neighbors to find any points relative neighbors. This means that each neighbor lookup would be O(1) time, which is of particular importance as that is something each point needs to do every iteration. Our approach can also be done in parallel. I also was working on getting some of the build flow to work, which is getting to a stable place, but interfacing with hardware and getting programs to build for different architectures is never straight forward.

Next week I will be working on both the design report, as that deliverable is due next week. Additionally, I will be working on starting taking benchmarks of the CPU implementation, and finding how to benchmark our HLS implementation when we get it working.