Alice’s Status Report for 02/12/2022

This week I worked on getting rid of dead code and re-working some of the imports so that fluid.cpp would be reliant on as few other libraries as possible, and started to make the flowchart for how the different data structures work together. I generated some dependency graphs in order to visualize which parts of Scotty3D are critical to the fluid simulation and UI. 

I also worked heavily with Ziyi this week. I helped Ziyi debug some compilation issues that arose when trying to compile Scotty3D in Vitis. There are various issues with the CMake and C++ versions, since a large portion of the codebase is implemented with C++17 features. We also took on getting OpenGL to work on the Ultra96 together.

The initial steps for this project are slow and a bit confusing, but we are still making progress at a rate that we expect. Next week I hope to complete the flowchart diagram and work with Ziyi to get Scotty3D compiled in Vitis, and make significant progress on getting OpenGL + simple graphics demo to run on the FPGA.