Sid’s Status Report for 3/13/2021

I’ve spent the first two days of this week (Sunday and Monday) finishing up the design slides and rehearsing my presentation. After presenting on Monday, I spent the remainder of the week finishing making the web app dynamic/interactive to HTTP requests. Before, the web app was able to accept POST requests and update the MongoDB database. I’ve now cleaned up the code so whenever a user sends a POST request (containing the suit/rank of a player’s card), it accurately updates the database for the proper player (ex: player 1 vs player 2).  In addition, I connected the Python Flask backend to the HTML front-end code, so the backend software is able to pass the suit/rank information to the frontend software for rendering. Then, when a user visits the web page, it showcases this updated information. I’ve also finished implementing card images for the web app, so instead of displaying “2 Hearts”, the web app is able to showcase an actual card image corresponding to the suit/rank. Hence, the web app is now completely stateful and showcases consistent information for all visitors. This was one of my main goals this week, so my progress is on schedule. Today, I am meeting with Ethan and Jeremy to pick up our shipped hardware (Jetson Nano) and I am currently trying to set up the Nano. My goals for the next week are to finish setting up the Nano and to migrate my web app to AWS. I will also spend some more time researching machine learning algorithms that I plan to experiment around with for image classification.