Ellen’s Status Report for April 10

This week has been a busy one for our team! Over the weekend I wrote audio-accumulation for the UDP side of the webserver and accumulated raw audio instead of files. Then from Monday forward our focus was on integration. After every time we met I had a bunch of todo items to debug or just improve the server processing and transcript generator. We met Mon., Wed., Fri., and Sat. for multiple hours each time. My work has included small (but important) tweaks like an improved filenaming system, improved audio accumulation, improved error reporting, changing what does and does not count as a “speaker change” in the transcript and in the backend, and others I can’t recall at this point. Larger changes I made would be changing the way speech to text results are accepted from Google (only accepting “final” and not interim results) and adding more branches and states to the state machine of microphone setup.

From now on my schedule is the same as the group’s schedule as a whole. We think we have a demo prepared at this point but when we meet tomorrow we’ll do more testing on the demo we’re preparing as well as testing how two mics in the same meeting work together. By the weekend we’ll be done integrating and debugging our two-mic setup and we’ll have some idea of how well the transcript is matching our requirements/targets.