Jessica’s Status Report for 4/10

This week I integrated the mechanism with the Jetson Nano, integrated the sensor classifiers with the motor control, and started integrating our classifiers together with the motor control. Currently, the sensor classifiers are integrated with the motor control, but I still need to finish up adding the image classifier. I also helped Tate with assembling the mechanism and testing it without the sliding box.

My progress on the image classifier is slightly behind because we were not able to mount the camera and sensor platform to the trash shell until very late in the week, so we were not able to start collecting image data. Thus, the accuracy on our image classifier is lower than expected, but this should be fine for the demo. The image classifier is also not integrated with the motor control yet, but we will still be able to show the image classifier working separately with live camera input for our demo.

Next week I hope to test the mechanism with the sliding box, start retraining the image classifier on real objects, and finish integrating all of classifiers together with the motor control.