Jenny Han’s Status Report for 3/6/2021

This week I finalized the Design Presentation. For this, I helped create a visual block diagram for our solution approach hardware and software versions. I also created the presentation visuals and speaker notes for the application area, project management, and metric validation slides.  I tried my best to include as few words as possible and use imagery to convey the points. Finally, I wrote speaker notes to answer the prompts carefully and specifically. I wrote a testing plan for each part as well as how to distribute work.

Also, I found a dataset for the hand positions: https://www.kaggle.com/benenharrington/hand-gesture-recognition-database-with-cnn. I will use this as a reference for our own hand position model and use the dataset (20,000 marked images) to train the model.

I believe we are on time with our work. We ordered parts this week which should be arriving sometime next week. In the meantime, I will work on the hand expressions by getting the webcam to work with OpenCV and create the hand expression model.