Txanton’s Status Report for 03/13/2021

This week we had design presentation’s which took up some of the time we had planned for this week. Outside of the design presentations I mostly spent this week finalizing the components we plan to use for our RF Front-End circuit. During this time we had a meeting with a CMU Graduate student who is doing research in this area so that we could discuss some of our plans with him to help ensure some of our assumptions were correct. This graduate student was also a valuable resource for helping learn about some other techniques for sampling such as I/Q Demodulation which may be useful in getting information from the radio signals.

Now that we have most of the components selected I plan on drafting the schematic and then scheduling a meeting with Professor Carley, since he does research on RF Circuitry, in order to review the schematic and again helps us identify some possible flaws we may have made so that we can finally go ahead and order our PCB’s. Regarding the schedule I believe that I am slightly behind on the PCB design but do not foresee it taking up too much of our slack so I still believe that our project is on pace.