Judy’s Status Report for Week of March 27th

Last week I worked on writing the design report. We divided up the report according to how we divided the proposal and design presentations. I worked on the project management aspects as well as the user interface of the presentations, so I wrote those sections of the proposal. I wrote the schedule, division of labor, introduction, budget, user interface, and IR frame design trade-off sections. After we each wrote our individual sections, we met together to combine everything and format it all correctly. In addition to this, this week we started to receive the parts for our mirror. We have already received the Jetson Xavier NX, Arducam, and monitor, and we are still waiting on the mirror.

Our parts came in this week so I worked on assembling the mirror. When I opened all of the parts, I realized there were many parts still missing. The Jetson NX needed a MicroSD card. In addition to this, we realized that we needed an HDMI cord and a keyboard and mouse to connect to the Jetson. We were also deciding how we wanted to mount the mirror to the tv, and we ultimately decided to buy a picture frame and use the mirror as the glass of the picture frame to attach to the tv. In addition to this, we had to do some research on how to laser cut the glass.