Joseph’s Status Report for 03/20/2021

This week I have again tried to use the background subtraction. I seem to keep running into this issue of not having images that are same size. For this reason, the background subtraction algorithm does not run well on the images, and even if I try to break things down, the function absdiff would not take in images with different sizes. As I am going on a flight tomorrow morning to US, I will be working on the real environment when I get back and hopefully not have any of these problems. In specific, I wish to maybe take a video and capture specific frames to background subtract instead of taking individual photos because the photo sizes keep varying for some reason.

As for the schedule, I am not really behind with the initial schedule, but since we realized that we had more work to integrate at the end, we might be a bit behind schedule in terms of work. I hope to get much more done next week as I will have access to the real environment.

Next week, I will be working on tuning the background subtractor, and if it is successful, I will go straight into creating a whole chessboard system on code to integrate everything,