Danielle’s Status Report for 05/01/21

During this week, I have been meeting with my teammates for several hours a day to complete our project and debugging our implementation. Earlier in the week, I tried to implement GPU acceleration (one of our stretch goals) by installing cuda. However, there was an installation error which caused issues with the system, so Vaheeshta reflashed the image onto the Jetson. I worked on fixing the audio prompts so that the threading worked correctly on the Jetson since the playsound module was having issues. To do this, I researched the different audio libraries that work in Python and changed it to pydub (refer to sources below), which worked upon testing. In doing so, I also made sure that there was no overlap in any of the audio files. I also edited the audio files to include an intermediate alert when calibration ends so the driver knows that they can begin driving and I added a pause in the refocus alert to prevent a continuous alert. I also added a caution statement about recording onto the outside of the Jetson itself for our users (as discussed during the ethics discussion) and created a logo to decorate the case of the Jetson. During this week, I also worked on the slideshow for our final presentation and fixed the slides accordingly after Abha had reviewed them for us. Also, I worked on researching and creating the bash script with my teammates that we wanted to use to run the script upon boot. Following finishing our system, I did various in-car tests with Vaheeshta to finish our metrics.

My progress is on schedule. We have worked extensively all week to make sure we had our MVP ready by the presentation date, so we only have the final parts of the project left to prepare for the demo.

In the next week, I hope to complete both the video and the poster with the help of my teammates so that we can just focus on the final report during finals week since we all have a lot of other deadlines to complete.

Sources: