Vaheeshta’s Status Report for 4/10

This week, I successfully integrated all my code with Heidi’s and Danielle’s code to create our working demo. We all met together, in-person, on Friday and Saturday to make sure that this happened smoothly. I also set the integrated code up on the Jetson Xavier NX, with Danielle and Heidi’s help, and tested it. Therefore, for our demo we can now show the integrated system working on the Jetson Xavier NX. When integrating the eye classification and head pose estimation systems together, I made sure that our calibration sequences happen sequentially when the user boots up the system: The system first asks the user to calibrate head pose for 10 seconds, then it asks the user to keep their eyes open for 10 seconds for calibrating eye open classification, and finally it asks the user to keep their eyes closed for 10 seconds for calibrating eye closed classification. Thus, at this moment 30 seconds are spent for calibration when the system is turned on. Additionally, when testing on the Jetson Xavier, I faced issues with updating several libraries, but with Heidi and Danielle’s help we were able to fix this.  

My progress is, for the most part, on schedule. Along with integration, I also was hoping to test the power bank with the Xavier this week, but upon opening the power bank we received from the 18-500 inventory I noticed that the kit was missing the male-to-male DC connector that connects the power bank to the Xavier. Thus, Danielle ordered us a new one that should arrive next week for me to test. Therefore, next week I will be testing the power bank and working with my teammates to implement any feedback from the demo.