Danielle’s Status Report for 02/20

Throughout this week, I have been working on the Project Proposal presentation, specifically on the use case, problem statement, and technical challenges slides. I have met various times with my team to discuss the project and make determinations about how we plan to proceed with the project. I spent a lot of time making sure that our presentation was visually appealing and added the themes and images. One aspect of our project that will be a challenge for us is the timing and differentiating between normal driving movements and distracted driving. While I was driving home this weekend, I was monitoring my own driving techniques and assessing how long I was checking my blind spot, etc. to help make determinations about how long people look away from the road in order to change lanes or turn. I also spent some time doing research about the timing on the internet.

I believe my progress is on schedule for the project. I have been putting in a lot of time to make sure that our presentation was professional and portrayed our project well. We have already finished our presentation and will be meeting today and tomorrow to practice presenting and making small adjustments, so I believe I am on track currently.

In the next week, I hope to research more about timing than I did this week. I also hope to make a more concrete determination about the vibration device that we intend to use as an alert system for the driver, so we can begin to order parts, as well as for the bluetooth wireless capabilities.

Sources: