Jeff’s Status Report For 03/28

Hello World!!!! hahaha am i funny too

This week I continued to work on refining the design of our web application. In addition, I began to focus more heavily on the OpenCV glove tracking component. To start rather than use all 20 markers that OpenPose has, I am focusing initially on 6, 5 on the palmĀ  knuckles and 1 on the wrist. (the glove is a clear latex glove). I was able to get overall body and hand detection and the segmentation of the body and hand from the background working, although it is not perfect at this time and I will continue to work on it. Furthermore, when doing the markers, I experimented with different ways of doing it from creating square markers and doing edges, but the markers lacked a clear enough edge for it to work super well, as well as using SURF, which did a sort of blob detection, but performance was not super great, but the markers lacked enough contrast. Finally, the best solution so far was to use color detection to detect the color of the markers which was red, which worked for the knuckles but not so much of the wrist. The color of my hand is kind of pinkish, which caused less ideal results on the wrist marker. Hopefully, when the green marker ordered comes, performance will be much better.

My SOW and Gantt Chart was emailed to Emily earlier this week!