Akash’s Status Report for 2/29

This week I worked on the slides for our design review presentation and working through the design review document. While going through the document and presentation we fleshed out a lot about how our project is going to work. Since we already found that the step detection from the phone is good enough, we modified part of our project to include a song selection algorithm, which is the new part I will be working on. So in the next few weeks, I will be working on that and make sure it works properly.

The point of this algorithm is to find a song in the user’s playlist that matches the running pace the best. Our metrics require that the song is within a certain BPM range of the running pace, so the goal of this algorithm is to find the song that best matches the pace. This is so that when we put the time-scale audio modification algorithm on the song, it will not sound too weird from the original and still be enjoyable to the user. Since at the end of the day, if the music does not sound good, then the user is less likely to use the app.