Michael’s Status Report 4

Michael’s Status Report 4

In light of the recent events of COVID-19, we have been spending this week setting up our project to work from three remote settings. The only setback from social distancing is that we now don’t have access to the campus labs or facilities, which we usually use to work together in person. We had also planned on fabricating a custom grip for our smartphone, but we had planned on 3D-printing the parts in the facilities that are now closed. Instead, we are using a more makeshift approach involving velcro straps to secure the hand to the smartphone. However, most of our project is software-based and we all have the required parts to get the platform working on our own setups, so there was no further refocusing required for the rest of our project.

During this week and the following, I plan on be exploring the different algorithms for peak detection as found in the paper in my last post. So far, I have altered the logging tool used for my data collection to be used by the different peak detection algorithms on the Python side of things. Jeffrey is going to be concurrently implementing the dispersion based algorithm for peak detection alongside me.