Udit’s Status Report for 3/21/20

Pre-spring break I had been doing a lot of work into helping program the TDoA anchor code with shiva but that work became put on the backburner with the changes to our project due to COVID

I spent this week, thinking about the software for my simulation. I will work on converting it into a block diagram soon. But here is the jist of it.

• Build a grid-based approximation of a basketball court. Hardcode placement of anchor objects on the edges of the court. Have tags in the grid on the court moving around semi-randomly as well as user controlled.
  • Use the distances between tags and anchors to calculate a time to travel between them. Use that plus a single centralized time-stamp (i.e. assuming perfect time sync) to generate a perfectly accurate time stamp for each anchor per tag pulse.
  • Use sockets to forward these timestamps to the localization software.
  • Log actual locations for comparison with the calculated locations by multilat software.

There a bunch of reach features that would be useful to have after the MVP described above. This includes a GUI for the bball court virtualization and adding in simulated hardware error. There would be a separate errors for radio transmission delay, anchor time-sync error, and LoS blockage delays.