Mia Han’s Status Report 4/18/20

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

We met a few times this week to discuss who would be responsible for the remaining tasks and how to begin integrating each other’s work.  I felt that it was best for me to integrate the graph with the GUI, while JP worked on writing a nice wrapper class to encapsulate the protocols and make calling each protocol from the GUI a lot easier and neater.

I integrated the line plot graph with the GUI; now, the results from each iteration of the protocol is plotted in the graph in real-time (thus, the graph from JP’s demo and the GUI from my demo are in one nice GUI!).  Additionally, I’ve finished implementing and integrating Reed Solomon simulation.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I feel that our progress is on schedule; we spent a good amount of time ensuring that any protocol can be easily integrated with the GUI, and I’m satisfied with those results.  Additionally, since the integration is mostly completely, I feel that we can focus more on creating more types of encoding and decoding schemes.  I’m a little worried about the UDP integration with the GUI putting us behind schedule, since that is so different than the current serial/bit stream implementations that we’ve currently integrated.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

I hope to (in order of priority):

1. Ensure that there are no bugs in the GUI- right now, we are getting a few bugs every now and then.  Additionally, I would like to clean up the GUI by adding more console messages and figuring out if it is possible for the graph to be updated more quickly.
  2. Implement more error detection and correction protocols that we previously discussed in our project re-design.