John Paul Harriman’s Status Report for 4/11/20

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

I worked more on getting the demo ready and then on the concerns post-demo. I was able to display the information in real time of the exact rate of successful packets recovered, but was suggested that I should also be able to see the data that is being fixed. I had some concerns about doing this since I am doing around 1000+ packets per second and could overwhelm the user, but I think I have thought of a way of displaying this information. My work now has been trying to show the fixed and unfixed packets side by side as a stream into a window clickable by the user. I also worked on further research on forward error correcting codes.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will beĀ taken to catch up to the project schedule?

In terms of my personal schedule I’m a little behind because I wanted more integration to be done, but will need cooperation with the entire team to accomplish that. Just in general I need to put in a lot more of these correcting algorithms since I’ve figured out the system construction.
What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Deliverables are integration of API into GUI, more algorithms, and benchmarking the algorithms that we do have. (Same as last week)