5/2/20 Zehong Progress Report

5/2/20 Zehong Progress Report

This week I’ve mainly been working on figuring out the most efficient and effective way to present our pathfinding algorithm. I have experimenting with the best method to record my portion of the final presentation video. Ideally, slides would help as a visual guide and I would be voicing over to help explain the diagrams. Finally, I have also been working on the final report. This will also be the majority of work left for the following week.

4/26 Team Update

4/26 Team Update

Zeyi worked on integration this week and improving the user interface. He changed the map to have multiple items on a single node to help the product become more robust. He also changed the node list and item list to display the remaining nodes and items on the planed route. Overall, he has more descriptive changes on his personal update. Zehong further improved his algorithm and further integrated with Zeyi’s user interface. There were some bugs when integrating, and Zehong…

Read More Read More

4/25 Zehong Progress Report

4/25 Zehong Progress Report

This week I majorly worked in integrating my path planning algorithm with Zeyi’s user interface. In the process, we identified some bugs with the algorithm and I fixed them. First bug was with the replan() function. I ended up referencing some local variable that only existed in my version of the path planning algorithm (duplicate variable names in testing code). This created a problem on Zeyi’s side where replan() only works for certain pairs of nodes. It was a rather…

Read More Read More

Zeyi’s Update 4/25

Zeyi’s Update 4/25

Changed the map of the shopping to the form of “multiple items on a single node”. Formatted the interface’s cart-guiding page by adding a picture of the map to it. Changed the Node List and Item List to display the remaining nodes and items on the planned route. Implemented all functions of the simulation buttons. To-do: further revise the look of the pages testing the interface for bug

Zeyi’s Weekly Report 4/22

Zeyi’s Weekly Report 4/22

Finished Integrating the user interface with the algorithm for the final demo. Added buttons for simulations of finding obstacles, and implemented functions of skipping and placing items. Next step: Furnishing the cart tracking page for the final presentation, seperate the simulation and tracking components.

4/19 Team Update

4/19 Team Update

This week, integration was the main theme for our group. We also had some individual tasks we had to do to help smoothen the integration. Carlo’s focused on integrating the range sensor code with Zeyi and Zehong’s work. He also focused on altering the design to improve the feasibility of the sensors. Finally, he has been preparing for the demo and methods to present the sensors in the presentation. To get a more detailed description, please read his weekly update….

Read More Read More

4/19 Zehong Progress Report

4/19 Zehong Progress Report

This week, I first addressed the problem with local re-planning. I was thinking if an obstacle were to appear in the optimal route between Node1 and Node2, I can simple recall the saved shortest path between Node1 and Node2 that has been pre-planned to “go around” the obstacle. But I soon realized that due to the way my algorithm is set up, every pair of adjacent nodes in the optimal route are neighbors. This leads to a problem that if…

Read More Read More