Aneek’s Status Report for 4/25

This week we have been working together on the final features of our project and the final presentation slides as well. The finger detection portion is largely complete, so I have been working on UI features and the presentation slides.

Team Status Report for 4/25

Been further working on putting everything together as well as making a presentation for Monday.

Things are coming together and becoming more polished. Our project is almost fully fleshed out, and exciting things are coming.

Andrew’s Status Report for 4/25

Been working on our final presentation as well as polishing up our project. Been running into different issues and trying to make sure they will all get ironed out by the time that we present and by the time that our video is made.

Stay tuned, exciting things are coming.

Aneek’s Status Update for 4/18

This week I worked on smoothing out the “loading” animation by averaging the tracked points to minimize the natural jitter of the user’s finger. I also worked on the outward-facing API to embed into Connor’s UI. We also worked together to integrate the individual pieces together for our demo.

Connor’s Status Update for 4/18

This week I have been making more progress on the User Experience end. I redesigned the layout a little bit, but the functionality is the same. I am trying to figure out the integration of the webcam video. Embedding the OpenCV feed into the pygame circuit is tricky. My mom purchased some puzzles that I’m hoping to test with this week!

Andrew’s Status Update for 4/18

Running into some issues with image rotation, but I have some work arounds planned. Pipeline is otherwise working well. Added some light smoothing techniques to make puzzle pieces more glare resistant, but still have some last minute bugs to iron out.

Aneek’s Status Update for 4/11

This week I worked 2 goals: creating a tap & tap loading animation in OpenCV and making the API for the finger detection more friendly for Connor’s UI. The first goal has gone smoothly, although there is some jitter in the animation due to small fluctuations in the recognized fingertip position. I will be working to improve this in the following week and have a couple ideas – taking a set point to base the animation around at the start and ignoring shifts, or taking a running weighted average to minimize jitter but maintain more animation-accuracy. In regard to the second goal, I spent a lot of time reading about both OOP in Python, as I have not explicitly used Python to create and interact with user-defined classes before. I have also been doing research into how the webcam feed + OpenCV overlays can be integrated into a PyGame interface to inform my decisions about the API. Mainly, I broke what was previously a main-function loop to demonstrate and visualize the performance of the finger detection into a few different functions that represent individual “transactions” with the system (request/response for tap, initialization/calibration). This coming week I will continue to learn about OOP patterns in Python and refactor the code to create and access the module as an object within a orchestrator back-end.

Team Status Update for 4/11

Only two weeks left until Final Presentations!

We have been making large strides this week towards integration. We hope that next week will be mostly focused on weeding out issues with combining all of our components. Our user interface is being created on pygame now and will be easily added to the piece tracking and finger tracking which were both coded in python. Looking forward to the final push!

Connor’s Status Update for 4/11

This week I have been working on implementing the user interface in python usingĀ  pygame. As this is my first time using pygame, it has taken a good amount of time to get to learn. Since I already drafted much of the interface up in Bootstrap last week it has just been a matter of reworking as opposed to redesigning completely. In terms of giving feedback to the user, I have also looked into interfaces like that of the Microsoft Kinect. Once my framework is solidified, we will be able to integrate Aneek and Andrew’s components through API’s.