Weekly Status Report (03/02) – Neeraj

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This week I worked on researching and implementing eye alignment code that is responsible for making sure the image is aligned correctly. I am doing this using the following tutorial: https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2017/05/22/face-alignment-with-opencv-and-python/

The eye detection code is implemented using opencv and dlib. The algorithm here essentially finds the positions of the eyes and then computes the algorithm from the horizontal and position from the center, from which we obtain the affine transformation matrix that we can use to rotate the image in OpenCV. I am currently working on this code and I will commit this code to the group github repository around Sunday. I have also spent time reviewing the current PCA and LDA code in the repository to find out where we can obtain accuracy improvements as the results currently suffer from overfitting.

We also had to spend time on the Design Review Report as well as preparation for the presentation.

Is your progress on schedule or behind?  What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

This week I am on schedule assuming the working code is committed on Sunday (3/4/19). For the next week I will be committing all of my time to working on the PCA and LDA code in the repository with Omar, with the goal of improving accuracy results. Deliverables for the next week would be more commits to the github repo with improved accuracy over this week. Hopefully the eye alignment code can help to improve the accuracy of the current result.