Weekly Report 03/23

Name: Wenxin Xiao

Team Members: Aditya Ranade, Akshat Jain

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week.
    • Over this week, I mostly focused on the identification of human presence with the thermal camera. I installed and set up CircuitPython and other libraries needed to support adafruit blinka but I2C needs to be enabled to test whether the code works and will depend on my teammates’ progress.
  • Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?
    • Our progress is slightly behind since the robot chassis we ordered on Amazon came with half the pieces and we have to return and reorder another one. We plan to have a working simulation on frontier exploration for the demo if the new robot we ordered this week does not come in time.
  • What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?
  • We plan to have a working version of the frontier exploration with obstacle avoidance on simulation.