Status Report (4/14 – 4/20)

Team Status Report

Changes to schedule:

No major changes at this time.

Major project changes:

No major project changes at this time.

Brandon

For this week on the project, I was super busy with outside commitments that I wasn’t able to work as much as I hoped on the project. I’m still in the process of refining and visualizing my array transmission, and I plan to essentially limit our project to one camera Pi that will send the array to the ARM core, insert the data into memory, extract the analyzed data from memory, and send it to the monitoring room Pi, which will display using matplotlib’s imshow command. Hopefully I can get everything fully working except for the inserting/extracting data from memory by the demo on Wednesday. Ilan said he figured out a good way to interact with memory in the FPGA, so later this week/next week, we should be able to finish integration.

Ilan

Personal accomplishments this week:

• Worked on getting memory interfacing working, but ran into segfaults when trying to access VDMA or other IP blocks. Found an example project that I was able to access the DMA (not VDMA) of and run fully, which is good. I’m going to compile this from scratch, ensure that it still works without any modifications, and then most likely modify to use a VDMA, ensure that it still works, etc. until I have the memory interface that we need.
  • Figured out how to easily access and run IP core-related functionality in Python and create contiguous arrays in Python that are suitable for DMA. Started creating the Python script that will do all of the memory interfacing for the accelerated system.

Progress on schedule:

• No major updates, things are getting tight and it’s crunch time so there’s really no room  for schedule changes at this point.

Deliverables next week:

Full memory interface ready for plugging in of compute pipeline.