Hailang’s Apr. 27 Status Report

Hailang’s Apr. 27 Status Report

Progress

This week was spent mostly on debugging, testing, and preparing for the final in-lab demo and presentation.

For debugging, I worked with the team on integrating all the parts into the final product. The digital side of things is essentially feature complete (with a few extra features thrown in), and work on the digital side has been focused on just small tweaks and polish. Most of the debugging that took place this week was in the analog space, where we have been running into noise issues distorting the final sound quality. Wave-shape distortion issues were fixed when we swapped out the passive speakers we were originally using with powered speakers, and a lot of the noise issue was alleviated with filters in specific points of the analog pipeline. We are currently still working on fixing a ground noise issue.

Testing was done this week of many of the metrics that we set out to meet. For example, I worked on isolating and fixing a bug in the RTL that made the notes slightly flat. Much of the testing was done on the analog attributes, such as testing the filter bands to make sure they were right and testing distortion. Unfortunately, distortion metrics are being affected by the ground noise issue currently so we are still working on fixing that.

I have also begun work on the final presentation and poster, but most of that will be occurring tomorrow.

Scheduling

There isn’t much else to schedule at this point. We mainly want to flesh out the last few bugs from the analog circuitry and make sure everything sounds nice for the public demo day. I might write a few extra features on the digital side in the next week as a fun add-on.