Devan Grover’s Status Report for 11/04/2023

I made a lot of really good progress this week. I spend lots of time over the course of this week trying to implement modified nodal analysis in C++ using the Eigen library. I was able to get nodal analysis to work for circuits that use resistors, independent current sources, and independent voltage sources. This means I can now take in a netlist, parse through the netlist, generate the required matrices to analyze the circuit, and finally analyze the circuit. The result of the circuit analysis gives me the voltage at each node and the current through each voltage source. With this information, I can then find the current going through every component.

I also wrote all this code within the environment of our mobile app, which means I know this code can compile for iOS. Although I have not written an Objective-C header to bridge the code between C++ and Swift and make my file interact with the main app, I can call my netlist analyze function and ensure it works. I am now going to try to model a diode for next week and get diodes working within the simulator: after some studying and research, I will likely have to use the Newton-Raphson method to find a solution to the circuit with a diode. I am on progress with the schedule and hope to successfully analyze circuits with diodes in them by the end of next week.