Devan Grover’s Status Report for 10/07/2023

This week, I worked a lot on the design presentation, especially because I was the one presenting. We only finished roughly 30-50 percent of the slides on Saturday, so I spent my whole day on Sunday working on it. After finishing the slides, I drafted a rough script of what I was to say during the presentation and iteratively practiced and got better. At night, I practiced and had to keep cutting parts out of my presentation in order to stay at the proper time. I presented to Stephen over zoom to practice and to my roommates to get a more realistic feel for how I would present in class. This let me practice movement and hand gestures.

I also looked at existing algorithms used to solve circuits – a good way for computers to solve simple DC circuits is by creating a conductance matrix, which is a matrix describing how well current flows through specific parts of the circuit. You then create voltage equations describing the voltage drops across each component and arrange these into a matrix. You can then solve the system of equations to find the current at each node and the voltage drop across each component. I have not been able to figure out how to implement this in practice, so I am still reading more.

I got sick this week so I am a bit behind schedule, but I will definitely make up for this by putting work in every day over fall break. I hope to get a conductance matrix created for a simple circuit by next week.