Zeynep’s Weekly Status Report for 10/28

This week, I worked on the ethics assignment and discussion, implementation of the web-app, and preparing the solenoid circuit for testing/integration. For the ethics assignment, I read the two given papers and completed my written assignment. I also engaged in a group discussion about the ethical considerations of our project. Some points that were raised in our discussion include electrical safety and ensuring that proper instructions are printed. I also continued to work on the implementation of the web-app. I am working on setting up the product search functionality on our user interface. I have added the ability to pull results from the back-end and display them, included buttons to scroll between pages, and wrote code to fill the web-app with content from the back-end. My goal for next week is to tweak small bugs in the UI, such as the product name not being displayed on the second page and incorporate code for parsing and properly formatting the product text file to display the information. My stretch goals will be to have the basic framework of the website complete by the end of next week to be able to begin debugging it with Apple’s accessibility debugger tool.

(page two after clicking next button)

(after clicking product place holder for displaying product info/recipe)

I received the solenoids and the grub screws I plan to use as the embossing stylus. I tweaked the design for the solenoid encasing in CAD now that I have the solenoids I am going to use. I also built the control circuit for RPI testing using LEDslater this week as we wait for the PCB to arrive.