Becky’s report for 10/21

ABET #7 says: An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies

As you’ve now established a set of sub-systems necessary to implement your project, what new tools are you looking into learning so you are able to accomplish your planned tasks?

I am using Eagle CAD to design the PCB’s for the final project, and Fusion 360 to CAD the mechanical components of our project.

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week I worked on the design report, and I finished up ordering parts for the X gantry, and started designing the PCB for the project. There was a lot of stuff I needed to import so I had to make sure they lined up to the A4988 stepper drivers we already purchased. Since EAGLE didn’t have the parts, I had to carefully source libraries.

Here is the schematic, the PCB will be routed next week.

Progress and Deliverables

This week I didn’t get as much done because we were on break 🙂 I plan on getting the PCB sent out on Tuesday to Flash PCB, and they are willing to manufacture our stuff faster, so we should hopefully have it back in a week.

This week I plan to send out the PCB to get manufactured, and get started making the X/gantry system. I want to tweak the y gantry this week, but that probably wont happen until this weekend.