Becky’s Update for 10/7

Accomplishments

This week I worked on making the presentation and delivering it for class. It was busy week so I had to use a bit of slack time. I did order some parts, which will get here soon. I also started adding components and creating a schematic for the PCB. I didn’t have as much time as I wanted to, so the schematic is very bare bones.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I’m still right on schedule. I knew at the start of the course this would be a busy week, and so I intentionally spread the next deadline I have for myself a bit to be during fall break.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?
  • I need to finish ordering things, its taking longer than expected to source mechanical parts cost effectively because a lot of the parts I’m finding have bad ratings. There are some parts we will have to pay a premium for. As a result, I will beed to modify x/y gantry system to accommodate any changes in the parts we actually source.
  • I also want to finish designing the PCB because need to send it out ASAP in order for it to arrive in time for the demo.