Ryan’s Status Report for 9/24

Ryan’s Status Report for 9/24

While the bulk of this week was spent working on project presentations, I was able to make some progress on creating object oriented classes to model the chess board. I was able to set up our Github and will work on integrating it with Vikram and Patrick as we move into the next week.

While it may feel that substantive work was not completed, we are still completely on schedule. Our schedule allotted time during the earlier weeks of the semester to account for the proposal and design presentations (and therefore had a lighter workload) as well as waiting for parts to ship, while delaying much of the heavier workload into the latter half of the semester so that progress could be accomplished more efficiently. That is to say that I, as well as our team, am still on schedule.

Furthermore, next week, I will focus on creating some baseline libraries that will streamline the process of determining whether Python is an optimal tool (in latency terms) for the website backend. This will help achieve the deliverable of creating object oriented classes (our first software deliverable) as well as accomplish small setup tasks that will help Patrick and I write better software to accompany Vikrams hardware. Next week we plan to discuss the best tasks for Vikram and Patrick as we wait for our parts to arrive.