Omkar’s Status Report for 10/1

This week, I wrote the firmware for all of the different peripherals of the robots (Screen, LEDs, Servos, and Electromagnet). I also started the communication firmware that allows a computer to send POST requests to the robot. I brought up one robot in its entirety. The other robots are working, but some of the neopixel LEDs are not soldered properly, so only a few of the LEDs turn on for the other robots. I also worked on our design presentation slides, which I will present in the coming week. Our project is on schedule – we are planning on meeting tomorrow to determine the camera mounting and interface the robot firmware with the computer vision to have a better way of controlling the robots since we found out that the servos have a hard time driving straight – either because the servos are not exactly the same or because the PWM on the ESP8266 is driven by software interrupts. By next week, I aim to have a more robust communication framework in place and start on the controls software to get the robots to follow a straight line and hopefully a more complicated path.