Ryan Status Report 11/13

This week I worked to solder and set up another base station with a pir sensor and microphone and work with Diva and Malavika to get messages sent from our webapp to the Rasberry Pi base station in addition to doing some initial testing with two base stations.

I tested by doing some work and moving around .5m from one base station and also 1m from that base station. This allows us to observe the sensor values when a person is in our defined work station and also when the person is outside of the defined work station. I wrote the values to text files to allow for backtesting and allow us to tweak our weights with immediate feedback on accuracy. For the most part, our data looks promising, we are getting a lot more feedback from the station I am closest too however there is some noise from both sensors (false positives) so we’ll have to decide how we’d like to handle this in order to maintain our turn on latency.

This week my focus will be to add one more workstation and do some more testing so that I can work with Diva to optimize our weighting.