Tarush’s Status Report for 09/25/2021

I spent most of Sunday wrapping up our presentation slides and in the evening helped Lucas with his presentation speech and offered some pointers to include.  Along with that, I also started doing some research on what all technologies I plan on using for the web app. I also conducted some trade studies which I will be adding to our design report to assist me in finalizing that. Along with that, I spent some time brainstorming how I want the web app to eventually look like and added some pictures below.

My progress is a bit behind schedule (not enough to cause any delay) as I still need to finalize what database tech I plan on using. More research will be done on that tonight and will be finalized by tomorrow.

The next deliverable would be setting up a basic apache web server on the raspberry pi and setting up the django web app framework. Unlike my other team members, I’ve never worked with raspberry pi so I need to spend time familiarizing myself with how it works and hopefully setting up our “Hello World” demo should give me enough of a grasp on it.