William Foy’s Status Report for Oct 9 2021

This week was mostly spent listening to other groups’ design review presentations and giving feedback. I also helped JJ prepare for our presentation and he did a fantastic job. For our project, I continued to do some research for the chair module regarding the Arduino code that will interface with the capacitive sensor and the Xbee. I have been exploring XCTU and how we need to set up the Xbee modules. We also need to start ordering components, specifically Xbee modules. The ECE department should have RPis and Arduino Nanos that we can use. I also put in a request to get AWS credits for our cloud-based web app.

I think we are on schedule still. We will finish up our design review this week and then can dive right into implementation. Everything on the preliminary research end should be wrapping up soon.

Next week I plan to work on our design review document for submission Wednesday. I also want to get all of our components figured out, whether ECE already has them or we need to order them. Finally, I want to start testing the capacitive sensor with an Arduino as soon as we get on.