Tarana’s Status Update for October 17th

Tarana’s Status Update for October 17th

This week, I finished assembling the full EMG system in accordance with our established protocol. This included taking apart the builtin grounding mechanism of the MyoWare electrodes to connect them all together, and connecting the 5V/REF wires along with the signal wire. The system is modular and flexible enough to work for participants of all sizes, therefore taller/shorter participants with varying arm lengths will still be able to use it. We have shifted our approach slightly in regards to diversifying our population and collecting data from a variety of participants. Because of Covid-19, we are unable to easily recruit a diverse group of people to record training (and testing) data from. Therefore, I have scheduled times to record data on the few people that I am immediately in contact with.

The hardware setup was previously a bottleneck for recording data, but now having the system together will allow us to start the signal processing phase of our project. Kayla and I will be working closely together in the next week to work out recording and analyzing data.

Along with the EMG hardware, I also spent time working on our design report, and contributing to the hardware and electrical aspects of our design decisions.