Kayla’s Status Update for October 10

Kayla’s Status Update for October 10

This week I spent time furthering specifics for the data collection experimental procedure of our project. Additionally, I have been exploring common data processing techniques for classifying EMG data, specifically useful feature extraction techniques such as Wavelet Transform. I will also be presenting during the Design Review Presentation for our team next week, so I have been working on the slides and preparing the presentation.

Our project is currently on track and the next step is to collect the EMG data in order to have preliminary signals to work with. To meet the project schedule this upcoming week, because it is presentation week, I think our team must meet outside of class time in order to complete the data collection experiment. I look forward to having data to work with and test classification on. I will be working with Tarana because she has more experience with ML, but once we have the data on hand the project will be at a major breakthrough point and soon be ready for integration of the EMG signal and the game.